Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Random acts of kindness

A long long time ago when I had just graduated from college, I had gone for an interview at a manufacturing facility. It was a large complex and was over half an hour walk in from the main road to the building where my interview was taking place. As I was leaving after my interview a cab came by to drop someone off. I hailed it not wanting to walk back to the train station in the noon-day sun. On the way I got chatting to the cabbie and he was telling me about his kids and how it was them when they were just looking for jobs etc and empathizing with my job hunt. We arrived at the station and when I made to pay him he refused it on account of my jobless state wished me well and drove off. While I appreciate he would have driven back that way anyway to leave the complex, it was a nice gesture on his part and it made my day then and for some reason has stuck with me till now ... 10 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment