Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Enjoy every moment of it

When we very young we look up at our seniors and want to grow up sooner. In college we can't wait to get out there and start working and earning. Always waiting to grow, and get out there from our protective cocoons. I am in a stage where I should be out but have formed another cocoon to keep me where I am and all I can say to those wanting to grow up is - wait, stop, enjoy the moment you are in school and college. We seem to have a delusion that stepping out on our own gives us freedom but those carefree days are the more free than what you get living on your own and tending to your own needs.
A friend of mine who came to visit me at the lab said when she saw all the undergrads walking around she wanted to go up to them, shake them and say "enjoy every moment of this!"
Perhaps not everyone feels this way though, perhaps its just those of us who have to grow up but don't want who keep clutching at the past memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment